R&D Specialist in Embedded Communication Systems and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
(Valid from January 31, 2023 to May 31, 2023)
Language: English (UK)
Organization Interdisciplinary Center of Security, Reliability and Trust
Job number: UOL05549
Contract Fixed-term contract
Duration 24 months
full time schedule
Working hours 40.0 hours per week
Scheduled for January 5, 2023
Scheduled to end on April 30, 2025
Function: Research support
Job R&D Specialist
SnT is a leading international research and innovation center in secure, reliable and reliable ICT systems and services.we play an important role
in Luxembourg by fostering innovation through research partnerships with industry and promoting and attracting R&D investments that lead to economic growth
We are looking for people who are driven by excellence, excited by innovation, and willing to make a difference.If this sounds like you, you’ve come here
The University of Luxembourg is looking to hire highly motivated and talented engineers in the areas of (i) AI/ML and (ii) embedded systems.
Wireless communication, recently approved by the EU (Horizon Europe) to work on project AVATAR (Digital Twins of Transformative Air Vehicles with IoT Sensors)
towards the safe sky). AVATAR aims to design, create and test digital twin models/systems to continuously monitor transformational operations.
Directly by Aircraft Via Innovative Smart IoT Sensing Skins (TAV) informed by accurate physical models and advanced analytics
Operating costs, extended service life and safer skies. In this context, one of the main project axes investigated is data transfer.
Similar to the process for predicting the Remaining Useful Life (RUL) of an aircraft,
Successful RnD Specialist candidates will support SnT research groups involved in AVATAR with respect to implementation tasks/activities.
In particular (i) the SERVAL research group in implementing and testing AI/ML-based digital twin models for aircraft predictive maintenance;
Purpose; (ii) SIGCOM research group on the implementation and testing of onboard communication systems (for data transfer); RnD Specialist
It is therefore expected to evolve in an interdisciplinary environment, to be autonomous, and to be a conducting member of SERVAL and SIGCOM.
Successful candidates are expected to perform the following tasks:
* Investigation of wireless communication protocols for intra-avionics systems
* Optimal protocol for transferring collected sensor data to aircraft central processing unit
* Integrate and test selected protocol hardware and software components into an end-to-end testbed
* Implementing and testing ML techniques for processing sensor data received by aircraft central processing units (edge processing)
* Remaining Useful Life (RUL) projection
* Less data transfer to terrestrial cloud
・Contribute to dissemination of research results.
* Collaborate on ongoing ESA, European and national projects.
* Help organize related workshops and demos.
Qualifications: Candidates must have a master’s degree in Computer Science or Electronics/Electrical/Communications Engineering and have experience.
Achievements in the areas of wireless communications and embedded systems for machine learning/data science.
Experience: The ideal candidate should have knowledge and experience in the following topics.
* ML/AI experience, especially in resource-constrained systems
* Knowledge of communication and network protocols (LoRA, ZigBee, IEEE 802.11, TCP/IP, etc.)
* Interest in combining theory and experiment and well-developed analytical skills
* Strong programming skills in Python, MATLAB, C/C++
*Experience working on industrial projects is highly desirable
* Dedicated and good team worker, strong critical thinking ability
* Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
This is what awaits you at SnT…
* Exciting infrastructure and unique labs. His two campuses at SnT include walking on the moon in the Lunalab, building nanosatellites,
Contributing to further improvement of self-driving cars
* The best place for IMPACT. SnT researchers work on demand-driven projects. Through our partnership program, we are working on more projects.
55 industry partners
* Be part of a multicultural family. SnT has over 60 nationalities of hers.We host team building events and networking throughout the year
Learn more about us!
*Contract form: Fixed term contract 24 months
* Working Hours: Full time 40.0 hours per week
* Location: Kirchberg
* Job Reference: UOL05549
How to apply…
Your application should include:
* Resume containing:
* contact address
* For each degree earned or currently enrolled, please provide degree, name of institution, city and country of institution, start date and start date
* Names, affiliations, and contact information of the three referees
* A cover letter (approximately 1 page) outlining the applicant’s motivations and topics of particular interest
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible. Please apply online through the HR system.
Applications by e-mail will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values.We are committed to removing discriminatory barriers related to:
Not only in terms of gender, but also in staff recruitment and career progression.
About the University of Luxembourg…
The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character.The university
Founded in 2003, it has over 6,700 students and over 2,000 employees from all over the world.university departments and interdisciplinary
The center focuses on research in the areas of computer science and ICT security, materials science, European and international law, finance and finance.
Innovation, education, modern and digital history.In addition, the university focuses on interdisciplinary research in the field of data
Modeling and Simulation, Health and Systems Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg 3rd in the world.
“International Outlook”, 20th in the Young University Rankings 2021, one of the top 250 universities in the world.
Contact: Dr. Sylvain kubler (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Houcine Chougrani (email@example.com)
Apply here https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?ID=PSAFK026203F3VBQB7V7VV4I3&nPostingTargetId=120019&nPostingId=81408
Disclaimer: This email is confidential and should not be used by:
Not the original recipient.If you received this email in error
Please notify sender and remove from mailbox or other storage
mechanism. Springer Nature Limited is not responsible for any statements.
Clearly owned by the sender and not expressly created on behalf of the sender
Springer Nature Ltd or any of its agents.
Springer Nature Limited and its agents and affiliates
We accept no liability for any viruses or malware that may be contained in this document.
It is your responsibility to scan the email or its attachments.
Attachments (if any).
Springer Nature Limited. Registered Office: The Campus, 4 Crinan Street, London,
N1 9XW. Registration number: 00785998 United Kingdom.